Monday, January 5, 2009

Project 365

Ok... about Project 365. The whole idea, at least for me is to practice and improve my photography by taking at least one photo a day, recording our day to day life in the process.
Here are the photos I have taken so far and a bit about them.



Jan1:
Mexican cornbread:I never had it before I met my husband, but now I have to have it ; with chili, with Ham and Beans, and today, with our traditional New Year's Day dinner of Ham, Cabbage, and Potatoes, and blackeyed peas on the side for good luck. The trick with cornbread is not to over mix it. You'll kill the baking powder/soda. After you add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, just stir with a spoon until blended. And a well seasoned cast iron skillet, preheated in the oven and sprayed with cooking spray or buttered is key also. Yum,Yum!




Jan2:
Hot Oatmeal (Playing With Photoshop):I thought I would play with Photoshop a little bit to make this photo "more exciting". My girls LOVE oatmeal (with a little milk, butter, and brown sugar of course!). I used the diffuse glow filter on this photo. I love how it softens it! This would be great for Christmas morning photos, I think! After I gave Natalie the oatmeal, she said,"Pease can you open the window?" "Why?" I said. She replies, "'Cause I want my oatmeal to cool down!" I guess you can't argue with that logic, huh?



Jan3:
Holiday Returns: I had a pj set from Old Navy that I got for Christmas, but it was too big for me, so I returned it and got this sweater.
Jan 4:
The Sunday morning newspaper: reading the paper with Eric on Sunday morning is one of my favorite things to do. I always enjoy this special time with my hubby if we get the chance to spend a little time chatting before the kids get up, drinking coffee and reading the paper together (truthfully, though, he usually drinks coffee and I usually have a Cherry Coke Zero). We missed this week though, cause he had to spend the night at his parents, helping with his mother. But I went in and had breakfast with them.
Jan5:
And it's back to school for the kiddos! Natalie and Cecilia wanted to wear my gloves (they each grabbed a pair,then said, "Ha ha, none for you!" Little stinkers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!