Thursday, October 8, 2009

A "Spooky" Cute Witch


Today's LSS post is a fun layout using the Cute Witch digistamp from the Cute Halloween Stamp Set at Lindsay's Stamp Stuff, and some Halloween cuts from the Paper Doll Dress Up Cricut cartridge.
For the photo mat, I crumpled purple cardstock and rubbed my black and white chalk inks over it for a cool look, smoothed it out, gave it a little time to dry, then flattened it with an iron. For the page background, I took dark gray cardstock and dabbed white chalk ink over it for a textured, sort of smoky look. I tore black cardstock and layered it for the ground, again inking the edges with white chalk ink.I added some spooky black trees and a black cat from the Paper Doll Dress Up cart, and added a rhinestone spider web over the corner of the photo. I added a title block cut out of some green patterned paper from GCD Studios that reminded me of reptile skin, using a cut from the Storybook Cricut Cartridge, and inked the edges with a charcoal chalk ink pad. I added the title, "Spooky Witch", accented it with a little metal witches hat that I have had leftover in my stash FOREVER, then on the other side, topped it of with a vinyl black Thickers flourish, and some black and gray primas, with two tiny green bat shaped brads by Making Memories.
Thanks for looking, Now hop on over to Lindsay's blog-she has a freebie for you ;) and you can head on to the other designers' blogs from there.

10 comments:

  1. Stunning - love the paper tearing and distressing to create your scene! Fabulous work (and cute witches too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the distressed look and the contrast of the two witches! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! I love this and those trees look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the texture is fantastic! Thanks for the how-to i love the look, it adds so much! What a great page for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally love this layout!! Love your scenery it looks awesome!!! I agree both witches are adorable!! Great, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulously "spooky" layout! What a sweet witch - both of them. Heehee

    ReplyDelete
  7. whta a great page, love the pic and the layout
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat layout! You have so much going on but everything blends together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! Love the spoooooooky witch :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!