Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sketchy Thursday June Guest Dt...


Sketchy Thursdays is having a call for a guest designer, and here is my entry. I took this photo of my daughter, Natalie, and have been waiting for just the right inspiration to scrapbook it. When I saw this sketch, and these yummy Kioshi papers from Basic Grey, I knew that they would work together to make a pretty page for my beautiful daughter. I made the flowers myself (I am sooo loving handmade flowers right now)The white flower is made from layers of white shimmer paper, vellum, and cardstock, and layered on top of a white doily that has been sprayed with various shades of Shimmerz: Ruby, Mango Madness, and Bed Of Roses. I attached all of the layers together by sewing a button in the center. The purple flowers were cut with my Cricut out of various scraps of purple cardstock, and the centers are a scallop circle punch by Martha Stewart, with some purple gems I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby. After making the purple flowers, I spritzed them and the lace ( which was originally cream colored) with Rock-A-Fella Blue Shimmerz (kind of a purple-y blueberry color). The diecut title was cut with my Cricut and Once Upon A Princess cartridge, and embellished with Stickles. Thanks for looking, wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Neat! Good luck!

    Your layout is awesome!

    Also, thanks, thanks, thanks for describing your handmade white flower! The idea to use different types of products for petals on the same flower -- brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! I love the layout! I have wanted to get my hands on some of theat kioshi paper too, so pretty, good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!