Thursday, August 1, 2013

Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt

I have seen this list floating around blog land, and had to go check it out at http://gallorganico.blogspot.com/2013/05/2013-summertime-photography-scavenger.html . I love the idea of looking for those shots that you might not normally take! We just got back from a end of summer trip to Atlanta, GA, so I kept my eyes open, and found some of the shots:
#2. Theater for performing arts (not a movie theater):
This photo was taken in Newnan GA, with my hubby's iPhone. (Do you believe I took the battery out of my camera to charge it and forgot to put it back in?) Oh well, the best camera there is is the one that you have with you!

3. City Hall, Capitol, or other similar Civic building:
 Covington, GA City Courthouse

Newnan, GA City Courthouse (another one taken with the hubs' iPhone).

I love the beautiful, ornate, and historical buildings, and it is so interesting to me to read the plaques and feel the history, knowing that some of these old buildings were used as hospitals during the Civil War-it truly brings history to life for me!

5. A Sunset- I have 2 different takes on this one!
The first is a group of flowers that reminded me of a sunset:
 
The second is of an actual sunset, taken this past Saturday at Stone Mountain:

And #6. Someone or something taking a nap (or faking a nap, as the case may be!)
 

I have more to share- but since my eyes will barely stay open, and the kids start school tomorrow, I had better call it a night for now!

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Hunt! I"m so glad you joined in; it's great to get a flavor of Georgia in the Hunt. I love the courthouses; your sunset is beautiful; and you fake napper is so cute!
    Thanks for linking up.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those courthouses are sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely glimpse of some beautiful buildings I might never have seen without the scavenger hunt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sian-I think I first found the challenge through your blog-and I am so glad I did! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Loving the photos!! That last one is CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!