Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Counterfeit Kit Challenge: One Side or the Other

Hi, all! Today, I am sharing a page for the Counterfeit Challenge blog's 3rd challenge of the month;
Challenge 3: One side or the other.  Focus on only ONE side of your project and keep the rest white space. 
I think I did pretty well with this challenge, although I did cheat just a little bit... I had a compass rose acetate piece that fit perfectly, and really tied the page together for me. So, I almost followed the rules...
I did use the rule of thirds for this page, loaded up the left third of the page, and let the other 2/3 breathe.
The journaling reads: "Disney knows exactly how to draw the kids in with glow in the dark everything for the fireworks shows. I came prepared with necklaces and bracelets for all of the kids. Honestly, I kind of wanted some, too!"

9 comments:

  1. Definitely NOT a cheat! That compass is kind of like that one great piece of jewelry on a little black dress :)
    Loved the ticket/travel theme in your embellis, and especially the enamel dot hidden Mickey, lol.
    Good thinking to be prepared ahead with the glow in the dark goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this! LOVING the colors and the title is perfect for that photo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it! the paper is one of my faves too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the compass is perfectly placed! Love the colors too and your cute little "hidden" Mickey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page!! Love the map background and your title!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The background paper is ideal for this challenge and your layout overall looks super.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun challenge, and I like how you've accented the center line there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout, love the back ground paper.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely design and the background paper is simply stunning. super page and I love the compass die over there - perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!