Thursday, January 12, 2017

Counterfeit Kit Challenge #2: Zentangles

Now, I will have to be honest. When I saw that this was my challenge, I groaned a bit. I don't Zentangle, and the thought of it sort of stresses me out. I thought and thought as to how I would make this challenge work for me, and I came up with a few different solutions. First I thought, well, I will print out a zentangle that someone else has created and then add it to a page. But then I couldn't come up with any ideas of anything that I wanted to scrap in this style. I could have used some doodle-y papers, like Love, Elsie (yes, I still have some) or some Bella Blvd. But, honestly, I didn't think of that until just now. My next thought was to save a Zentangle jpg and use it as a photo in a Project Life app page  (that is the scrapping style I am really focusing on right now, since I am trying to finish up my Project Life from last year-and I almost have it finished; only four weeks in August left to do). But then I really wanted a camera zentangle, and I couldn't find it, so, back to the Project Life App I went.

I saw a sketchy camera card in Maggie Holmes' Open Book collection, and the decision was made. "Good Enough!" And, so this is how I went from the zentangle inspiration to my page:

Which, I hope is a lesson in making inspiration work for you. As a side note, would you be interested in seeing more of the pages I make in the Project Life App? As I said earlier, I have most of 2016 scrapped this way, and I am really liking it so far. For my 2016 pages, I am printing them in 12x12 size and mixing them into my regular family album. For 2017, my plan is to complete them all and upload them for an 8x8 or 10x10 book. If there is interest, I would share some of them here, and talk about my process. I am definitely still learning, so I could share what I learn as I learn it, as well.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely page, you never know what you might find in the card kits that fits a particular theme in one way or another. I think that is why I find them so addictive.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, they make my day!